How do i know if I'm entitled to a tax rebate?

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010


There are a number of reasons why you could be due a tax rebate.

Often people overpay tax and are entitled to a reimbursement from the Inland Revenue.

Reasons for overpaying tax include:

1. Working while studying and earning below the tax free allowance
2. Working part time
3. Anyone earning below £6,475
4. Retiring from work
5. Being on the wrong tax code
6. Leaving the UK

You can find out if you are entitled to a tax refund by looking at your P60 and inputting your income and tax for the year into our tax rebate calculator:

If you think you are due a tax rebate we can help claim it for you. You can apply here:

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010


I was made redundant in February, I was paying basic rate tax as I receive a private pension, could I still get a tax rebate?

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010


As you lost your job there is a very good chance that you will be due a tax rebate.

You should have been given a P45 when you finished working, do you have that?

If you do, you can apply for a tax refund by going to:

Wednesday, July 21st, 2010


Due to a clerical error I continued to be paid my full salary while on Maternity Leave and was taxed as normal on this for the duration. When I discovered the error I was made to repay the money when I returned from Maternity leave from my monthly salary on which I was paying tax. Am I due a refund of the tax paid during my Matrenity Leave?

Tuesday, August 10th, 2010


i have worked since i left school only had three years out to have kids have never had a tax rebate why would that be

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010

stuart payne

I have been of sick since march 2010 to present day am I entitled to a tax rebate

Thursday, September 30th, 2010


stuart payne: As you stopped working part way through the tax year, you may be due a tax refund. The refund will probalby be quite small because you stopped working very close to the end of the tax year. You can ask your local tax office to check if you have overpaid.

Thursday, October 28th, 2010


Im pregnant and leaving work in Feb 2011 am i entitled to a tax rebate

Thursday, October 28th, 2010


gemz: At the end of the tax year (April 5th 2011) you can make a claim.

Your eligibility depends on how much you earn and how much you pay in tax. You can check to see if you are due a rebate by using our tax rebate calculator here

Tuesday, December 21st, 2010


i have worked constant for 16yr can i recieve a tax rebate

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011


I was on emergency tax in 2008, for about 6 months. Am I entitled to a rebate? Will I still be able to claim this late??

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011


Harriet: Yes, you can still make a claim the deadline hasn’t passed yet.

Do you have your P60/P45 from that year? If so you can input your total income and total tax paid into our tax calculator and it will show you if you are due a tax rebate:

Monday, March 28th, 2011


At the end of the tax year i will have earnt about 70 pound over my tax free earnings will i get a rebate?

Wednesday, April 20th, 2011


When is the deadline for me to claim a tax rebate?

Saturday, April 30th, 2011


my son and daughter have both been out of work during the past year – they have worked in temporary jobs and claimed jobseekers allowance during that time – would they be entitled to a refund?

Thursday, December 15th, 2011


I have have misplaced my P60 but am sure I have not worked enough to earn more than the tax free limit.
How can I find out if I am untitled to a rebate?

Friday, April 6th, 2012


i have been paying tax for 3 years but not earning enough to pay it> i was declared bankrupt in 2010. am i entitled to claim back the money?

Sunday, May 6th, 2012


I worked self employed for 12 works, that whole time i was on an emergency self employed tax code, the week after i left work I got my new tax code through. I paid 30% tax on all my earnings which came to around £6,400 and was taxed £1,313.12. I submitted my tax return 4 weeks ago still not heard anything. when should i expect to hear something

Wednesday, May 30th, 2012


When I looked online it says things not to add on to see of you are due a tax refund is maternity pay. So do I take that off my final amount earned for the year ?

Wednesday, May 30th, 2012


i have been of sick frm work for 8 wks will i be entilted to a tax rebate ?

Wednesday, May 30th, 2012


i have been of sick frm work for 8 wks will i be entilted to a tax rebate ?

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012


I have to send my child to a private school as cant get him into state school.
Will I be entitled to a tax rebate for paying this?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012


i got a tax rebate for 2008-2009 how do i find out if i get on for 2010,2011,2012

Thursday, November 8th, 2012


I have worked for the same company for over 7 years and still work there currently, to this day I’ve never had a tax rebate or a P60 either! How will I find out if I can claim a tax rebate??

Monday, November 19th, 2012


I am thinking of retiring in March 2013 I am 62 would I get a tax rebate for Tax paid in 2012- 2013