can i claim back my national insurance contribution while leaving UK

Monday, March 19th, 2012

Monday, March 26th, 2012


No you can only claim back your income tax. The amount of this will depend on how much you earned and how much you paid in tax.

Wednesday, March 28th, 2012


I’ve been living and working in the UK for almost 12 years. I now intend to leave the country. I would like to know:

- Regarding income tax – It is only the last financial year that I get refunded?
- Is there any National Insurance money to receive, as I’ve been working for more than 11 years and as I’ll not be claiming state pension, is there any form of refund on my NI or other?

- If it happens that I get back my income tax (still to know the no. of years that I can claim) how many years I need to wait if I decide to come back to work in the UK?

Many thanks

Saturday, June 30th, 2012

anu pillai

hi am going back to my country within 2 weeks can i get back my tax and national insurance. if yes what i want to do where i have to apply.

many thanks

Wednesday, September 26th, 2012



I am going back to my own country within 4 weeks and I have been working in UK for nearly 2 years. Before working, I was studying in UK for 7 years. Can I get back my tax and national insurance which I paid these two years?

Kind regards