Can i actually get a replacement/or copy of P45 from an employer that I worked for nearly two years ago If yes, from whom?

Monday, April 12th, 2010

Monday, April 12th, 2010


If you do not have a P45 from a previous employer you get a acceptable copy by asking for a \’statement of earnings\’ on company headed paper.

If you worked for a large company, send a letter to your payroll department requesting a \’statement of earnings\’ on company headed paper for the tax year that you require.

The company is required by law to provide this under the data protection act and must keep this data for 6 years.

The statement of earnings will be accepted by the Inland Revenue as an acceptable replacement for a P45.

Tuesday, August 10th, 2010

lee waite

i like a copy be sent to me pls and p60

Monday, November 22nd, 2010

miss Gail Brighton

I was made redundant on 13 october and my p45 was sent to wrong addresss i now need one for i have new job can i get a copy thankyou

Monday, November 22nd, 2010


miss Gail Brighton: You can use a P46 instead, if you do not have your P45:

Friday, February 18th, 2011

P Smith

I have lost my P45 and i need a copy where do i get one from

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011


I live in UK Nearly 6 years and from 1st 3 years are missing my P45. How can I get copy`s?

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011


This months gonna be 6 years what I am in UK, but from 1st 3 years missing all my P45. How cen I get copy`s?

Saturday, May 21st, 2011



I was made redundant on the 30th of april 2011, I have since requested several times that they send me my p45 and p60, I am also due 5 days holiday which they have neglected to pay me, I recieved an original p60 2 days ago but as for my p45 all I got was a photocopy of it, now my understanding is this is un lawful, any advice on this?

thank you

Thursday, June 30th, 2011

Tracy Walsh

Can an employer withold your P45?

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011


if i lost my p45 and i want get my tax monney in my country how long its going to take and what is the requirement.

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012


Hi!I worked to big company and I finish my cooperation with them. I had en emergency tax code OT W1. I should get my money back because I paid a lot of tax. There will be 4 months when I quit. My employer sent me a copy of P45 and he said”thats all what we’ve got”. The problem is I havent got an oryginall which is important. What should I do. Please help me.

Thursday, July 19th, 2012

john gillen

Hi I have lost my p45 how can get a replacement one I can`t get in touch ith my exemployer. Thanks