Tax Articles

Tax Rebate Forms

Tax Rebate Calculator

Income Tax Calculator

Inland Revenue Forms

There are a number of different tax forms from the Inland Revenue. The one you need will depend on your circumstances. We have seperated the forms into different categories and listed their code numbers beside them:

Tax Return Forms
Tax Return – SA100
Tax Return Guide – SA150

Employment Tax Forms
Employment Pages – SA101
Notes on Employment – SA101 (notes)
Employment History – P91
Self Employment – SA103

Investments Tax Forms
Share Schemes – SA102
Land and Property -SA105
Trusts – SA107
Capital Gains – SA108

International Tax Forms
Foreign Pages – SA106
Non Resident Forms – SA109
Leaving the UK Form – P85
Entering the UK form – P86

Let us know if you have a question about the above forms in the comments section of the article below.

Eileen Adams - Monday, October 11th, 2010

I have applied for a Savings bond and I was asked if I am a Tax payer. My only income at the moment is my state pension of £454 per month so I would assume that I am below the threshold. Can you please confirm that I would be exempt from paying tax.

TaxFix - Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

Eileen Adams: If your income is below £6,475 you do not need to pay any income tax.

Steve Wakelin - Wednesday, October 13th, 2010

I am secretary of a local social club.
We have just been fined 400 pounds for not completing a year end form I think this is called a P35. The club is not online. Do I still need to complete the form although the fine has been paid? where can I get the form? And can I appeal against the fine?

Daniel Wroe - Thursday, October 21st, 2010

I am going on a l year working holiday to Australia in December I was employed up to September and paid Tax and Insurance. As I will not be employed in this Country for the rest of the Tax year can I claim a rebate for the tax I have paid since April and if so what forms do I need.

TaxFix - Friday, October 22nd, 2010

Daniel Wroe: Yes, if you are leaving the UK you can claim a tax rebate. We offer a tax rebate service for people leaving the UK and can send your refund to Australia if you like. Alternatively you can apply for the tax rebate yourself, you will need your P45/P60/statement of earnings as well as a P85/P86 and a P91 and P50.

Trudy Mather - Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

Which form do I complete to claim back costs for purchase of workwear?

george e hathaway - Thursday, November 18th, 2010

Mid September I sent a letter to your Newcastle Upon Tyne office indicating I had worked in the UK from August 3, 1987 to February 1, 2005. During this time I paid NIC and UK income tax. I left the UK about January 29,2005 with a retirement date of February 1,2005. In my letter, I requested a pension forecast and forms to claim my pension
next year. To date, I have not had a response.
I would appreciate some sort of acknowledgement and advice as to how to properly submit a claim.
Thank you.

TaxFix - Thursday, November 18th, 2010

george e hathaway: I think you have us mistaken for HMRC. You can phone your tax office to get an answer to your query.

Susan Owen - Thursday, November 25th, 2010

I need some sort of declaration that I am now paying tax in the U.K. (I have been living in Norway). Where do I get this?

TaxFix - Friday, November 26th, 2010

Susan Owen: You can ask your employer for a statement of earnings, which shows how much you have earned and how much you have paid in tax.

William J Lewis - Friday, November 26th, 2010

Could you give me any details of complaint procedure please?

TaxFix - Saturday, November 27th, 2010

William J Lewis: Did you want to complain about service you have received with our company or is it a complaint to HMRC?

Stanley & Maureen Alter - Sunday, December 12th, 2010

We recently had some interest paid to us via Nationwide Building Society. We have a joint account and as my wife does not pay any tax we are requesting a return of her portion of tax that was taken by nationwide.Would you please send the appropriate form to make the application.

Ind 021 - Wednesday, January 26th, 2011

I want to obtain a Notification of Termination by a Self-employed but can not find on the list of claim forms

Thank you very much


jean goldsmith - Thursday, February 3rd, 2011

I re- married two years ago and changed my name to goldsmith from eve at work therefore i assumed that my tax records would be changed by my employer.Am now uncertain if I should have notified you myself and concerned that I may have done something wrong?

Peter Fredericks - Thursday, February 17th, 2011

My wife and I had a one year bond with the Cheshire Bld Soc which matured in February 2010.I pay tax but she does,nt.The Cheshire Bld Soc has deducted the full amount of tax on the total investment interest. What Revenue Form does she require to enable her to reclaim the Tax she has paid? Please advise.

Doleen Pierce - Sunday, March 6th, 2011

I need to submit a non-resident tax form for a lotto winning. I am from the US. How can I get a usable form?

karim topaz - Tuesday, March 8th, 2011

i have been working in the uk since 1999,i would like to see my tax history from 1999 till now,how do i find out or what form do i need to fill in.thank you

TaxFix - Wednesday, March 9th, 2011

karim topaz: You can ask your employers for a statement of earnings.

pat mulligan - Tuesday, March 15th, 2011

I have heard that if I take early retirement and have not thirty years service I will have a shortfall in my pension. Can I claim anything for the years I took of with my children. Do I need to fill out a form

Fiona Flynn - Thursday, March 24th, 2011

Hi,sent off my tax rebate to your company to sort out for me,feedback has been awful and have sent around ten emails to taxfix and have had no response,please can you look into this and get back to me.Paperwork was sent off about 6 or 7 weeks ago got an email to say taxfix had received it.

Megan Long - Tuesday, March 29th, 2011

I require a R68 Form for Reclaiming Gift Aid please

susan dale - Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

what form do i need for claiming expenses

mrs e. Russell - Thursday, May 12th, 2011

I took out a fixed rate two year bond almost two years ago. I now learn that the bond holder, although in a receipt of an R85 completed by me did not register this. Accordingly I now learm, although I have yet to receive any interest,an amount has been deducted for one year tax after one year.
They state that they cannot help me and I must reclaim tax from you. Is this correct. They made the mistake not me.

Barbara Lashford - Friday, May 13th, 2011

Where can i get a form to tell the inland revenue we are to pay our taxes in France and what number is the form Thank You

peter donald hyde - Tuesday, June 7th, 2011

i pay tax as a cyprus reident what form do i need to tax paid on investment in uk

colin bates - Thursday, June 23rd, 2011

i have received a tax form to fill in for tax year 6 april 2010 – 5 april 2011, i used to be self employed, but have been in employment for nearly 2 years now, do i still need to fill out the tax form ?

John Hilbert - Friday, July 15th, 2011

been sacked can i fill in form p50 on line

a najah - Wednesday, July 20th, 2011

Hi There,
i would like to find out if im eligible to tax refund or to claim marrige married since 2008.
can you advise please on how to claim and what to do?


ERIC THOMPSON - Friday, July 22nd, 2011

I have just take voluntary redundancy which has given me a lump sum of which I paid 40% tax on all monies over 30,000 . I start a new job on Monday which pays 19,000 pa . Will I now have to pay 40% tax until the next fiscal year on that salary ??? If yes can I claim anything back at the end of the fiscal year ???

ERIC THOMPSON - Friday, July 22nd, 2011

I have just take voluntary redundancy which has given me a lump sum of which I paid 40% tax on all monies over 30,000 . I start a new job on Monday which pays 19,000 pa . Will I now have to pay 40% tax until the next fiscal year on that salary ??? If yes can I claim anything back at the end of the fiscal year ???

miranda jones - Thursday, July 28th, 2011

find when i will receive my incme taxrefund

mr adekunle komolafe  - Monday, August 1st, 2011

i once have a business which i registerd late 2008 but could not really run until 2009 mid but the business failed and we stop running it but the bank never stop charching me cherges wich accumulate the debt to about £3000 and it got to a point they decided to close the acct i have written copany house to remove our name from company house what nest can i do? my number 07878485003

jill totty - Monday, August 1st, 2011

can yu please tel wen my tax rebate will be paid to me as ive waited weeks my N’I no is nm694132c . Everyone else i now has had theres allready yours jill totty

sandra archibald - Thursday, August 4th, 2011

can i claim for uniform and shoes and phone for work

sandra archibald - Thursday, August 4th, 2011

can i claim uniform shoes and mobile phone expences that i need for work

scott thornton - Monday, August 15th, 2011

I have been working for an agency since about march.I have now started working full time at a different company.The company is called metal office in mildenhall,Suffolk.The provlem is they have put me on BR tax code.I asked them why and they said beacause the P45 I gave them had this code.I was wondering how long I have been on this code and how do I get off the BR tax code.

Craig Kurn - Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

How do I let you know that I’ve changed my address - Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

I recently found out that I should not have been paying tax on my Building Society interest due to the fact that I have not paid income tax for more than 5 years. Can you please advise on how to reclaim the income tax that has been deducted over the past 5 years.

Sandra Getty

Neil Revill - Saturday, September 10th, 2011

how to get user id and password

Philip vanner - Monday, September 12th, 2011

I have been out of the country for a while and have no idea what my national insurance number is how do i find out

Gail - Thursday, September 15th, 2011

My husband is 76. What should his tax allowance be?

j reynolds - Thursday, September 15th, 2011

i am after my employment records for 1961/1965 where do i apply?jr

John Lawrance - Tuesday, September 27th, 2011

My new accountant has asked me to fill in a 64A form where can I get one.

clint gyde - Tuesday, September 27th, 2011

if iam on the books can i clam my fuil back and tool

robert stott - Thursday, September 29th, 2011

i am 65 0n the 21/01/2012 and i require a claim form to claim my state pension

Kenneth MacRitchie - Thursday, September 29th, 2011

Was wondering why my tax code went from 747L to 206L as i am now retired

Kenneth MacRitchie - Thursday, September 29th, 2011

Was wondering why my Tax Code went from 747L to 206L

james - Wednesday, October 5th, 2011

i have been employed for the last 3years never claimed any rebate and i have been paying the tax,do i qualify for the rebate,if so which for do i need.

Malcolm Hurley - Tuesday, October 11th, 2011

I require an SA100 self assessment form as I am unable to access the online system

David Bone - Tuesday, October 18th, 2011

How do I down load Gift Aid PDF file

daniel hall - Monday, October 24th, 2011

iam trying to do a sa1 form on the computer so that i can get a 10 diget tax number and i cant see how to do it

pamela drew - Thursday, November 3rd, 2011

I have received an e-mail informing me I have a tax rebate of £980 and I have to contact my local tax office to fill in a form! Is this correct do you think? also,as i wear a uniform and ceretain shoes for work-which i have to supply-can i make a tax claim for this. Thankyou

thomas - Monday, November 7th, 2011

i am trying to find out my tax code for being self employed? how do i find it out?

thomas markie - Monday, November 7th, 2011

how do i find out ma tax code for being self employed?

isteed - Tuesday, November 8th, 2011

what is the threshold for a married couple to qualify for a form R85

joan howe - Saturday, November 19th, 2011

were can i apply to see if im entitle to a tax rebate going back frm now 2011 to 2005

leslie benstead - Saturday, November 26th, 2011

i have heard that i can claim a tax back on my work clothing for laundry cost

Graham Tomsett - Wednesday, November 30th, 2011

How do I check my Tax coding?

V.Hitchings - Friday, December 2nd, 2011

How do i download R85 form

MWANJANE JOSEPH MANDA - Tuesday, December 13th, 2011

Am an oversees student and i have been studying and working part time for the entire time(4 years) i have been living here in the Uk. A friend informed me i can claim some form of tax money from my P60 forms,,,is there any truth in this?

Lesley Maunder - Sunday, January 1st, 2012

I have been informed by my employer that as I am supplied with a uniform for work, but I have to launder it myself, I can be reimbursed for this. A number of my colleagues have successfully applied for this, but I do not know how to apply. Can you help, please? Thank you.

need to down load a p46 form - Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012

how do i get a p46 form

Mr G.A.Paling - Friday, January 6th, 2012

As I have late with my manual self assessment form I need to know what form I need to complete to register for on-line S/A filing

Pauline Weston - Sunday, January 15th, 2012

Which forms do I need to complete to apply for probate – my husband died two weeks ago and I have been told this will be necessary

GAIL BELLINGTON - Tuesday, January 17th, 2012

I use my car for work and spend between £15-£20 a week on fuel.Can i claim my fuel money back for the last year or further. I have kept all receipts since last April.

Pat Lynn - Wednesday, January 25th, 2012

Please can you tell me what form I need to fill in if I think my income is too low to be taxable

jim - Thursday, January 26th, 2012

where can i get an e101 form?

b gardner - Thursday, January 26th, 2012

i have been unemployed since sept 5th 2011,before that i was in full time employment for four & half years. would i be entitled to a tax rebate?

Ronald Taylor - Monday, February 6th, 2012

I would like info on what we need to do for my wife Ann to be able to claim for any tax interest payable on any funds ie bank interest.she does not pay tax.

mandy tuck - Wednesday, February 29th, 2012

i am starting employment andwhat form do i need

Alan Pick  - Thursday, March 15th, 2012


Vina Vadgama - Monday, March 26th, 2012

I am employed by the Home Office. I wish to claim expenses for uniform cleaning.

Can I claim starting from October 2010?

william jones - Tuesday, March 27th, 2012

forms to claim for laundry of works uniform

Bernard Welsh - Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012

My wife retired from the inland revenue on the 1st of april 2010. She has not worked since and we would like to claim back tax she has paid on savings, she does not get her pension until Dec 2012

Norman Farrell - Sunday, April 8th, 2012

Can I down load a CT 600 Corporation Tax return form

Valerie Dobbins - Tuesday, April 10th, 2012

I do not pay tax. Can I reclaim the tax from my savings account?

Carl Jursa - Tuesday, May 15th, 2012

I have heard that I can claim a tax back on my work clothing for laundry cost

heidi price - Sunday, June 17th, 2012

I have a job as a dental nurse and i also clean the surgery afterwards i work around 30 hours per week dental nursing at £6.50 per hour and 5 hours per week cleaning at £9.50 an hour. after tax for all of these hours I bring home £669.00 per month. thid just doesnt seem right. Am i on the right tax code? as my tax was £174.40 and my n.i was £28.59

a. collins - Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012

can i still claim £40 for low income

Michael Potter - Saturday, August 11th, 2012

I am non resident and am not paying UK tax but have savings in UK banks. I wish to open another account at a different bank. Can you tell me which form I need to send to the bank so that the interest can be paid gross

Tracey Stephenson - Thursday, August 23rd, 2012

I work for morrisons we have to wear a uniform what we have to wash and replace someone at work said i can claim tax back on this plus petrol is this true

Nicolae Leban - Monday, September 17th, 2012


I need a statement of earnings from Inland Revenue for year 2011 because I was student since Jnuary 2012 and I couldn’t get P60.What should I do?

Thank you

J Thomson - Monday, September 24th, 2012

Please could you tell me if i am able to get a copy of my p60 as need the information to pass on for my tax credit claim.

jacqueline fisher - Sunday, October 7th, 2012

i need a p60 form where can i get one or can i download it and print it of if so where do i download it from and can i print this form off

SANDRA ROBINSON - Wednesday, October 10th, 2012

How can I claim for Uniform that I have cleaned and wash every week?

brian smith - Thursday, October 11th, 2012

can i cliam back money for washing my uniform for work ,if so what form do i need

lorraine mcleavey - Wednesday, October 24th, 2012

where can i find forms to print off for self assessment please

david picken - Sunday, October 28th, 2012

a saving bond i took out 5 years ago has just matured.i put in £20.000,they have sent me a cheque for £23.085.62,having deducted nearly £6000.i am on a state pension and do not pay tax,i told them this at the beginnig.what do i do,

Diane Gouldson - Monday, December 3rd, 2012

As a contracted employee is it possible to claim tax relief on cleaning and upkeep of a work uniform

Kerry - Monday, December 3rd, 2012

Hi there. I’m trying to find out where to find and get signed a copy of form UK-RR-EU to avoid double taxation.I am working (remotely) on a project with a Spanish publishing company but I live in UK. I have been told that without getting this document signed by UK Inland Revenue and then sent to Spain, I won’t be paid! I’ve already contacted the tax office helpline a couple of times and, although they tried to be really helpful, they kept suggesting I contact Spain. Spain say I need get the form from UK and complete and sign as stated above! Help!! Many thanks, Kerry

Mrs C Lloyd - Thursday, December 6th, 2012

where do i find the R85 form

michelle - Friday, December 7th, 2012

what form do i fill in for washing my uniform

Mongezi Magadlela - Saturday, March 2nd, 2013

I have worked for a company for two years through agency, they pay their employees attendance bonus and production bonus including pension,am i not entitled to some sort of tax rebates for my losses

Mrs SC Teasdale - Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013

I have paid tax on a savings account but I am not a taxpayer.How do I claim a refund?

Sigrid Albers - Monday, May 6th, 2013

Please could you send me the following Tax Return Forms: SA 102, SA 103F and SA 106 for 2013. Kind regards. Sigrid Albers