Tax Articles

Tax Rebate Forms

Tax Rebate Calculator

Income Tax Calculator

How to Claim My Tax Back in 2010

How to claim my tax back

At the end of the tax year (April 5th) employees around the country should receive their P60′s.

What is a P60?
Your P60 is a statement of earnings for the tax year and it can help to show if you are due a tax refund or have overpaid tax through the year.

When will I get my P60?
The tax year ends on the 5th April, and depending on how organised and efficient your employer is, you should receive your P60 shortly after this date.

What should I do with my P60?
There should be a tax figure and an income figure on your P60. This shows how much tax and how much income you have earned for the year. Input these numbers into our tax rebate calculator and it will tell you instantly if you are due a tax refund.

What about tax rebates for previous years?
If you have P60s for previous years you can check to see if you have overpaid in these years too. The longest you can claim for is 6 years in arrears.

How do I claim my tax back before the end of the Tax Year?
If you are leaving the UK or have stopped working and do not intend to work before the end of the tax year (April 5th), then you can claim your tax back before you receive your P60.

Invariably tax offices will be very busy at the end of the tax year and as the new tax year starts. We recommend you submit your tax refund as soon as you get your P60 and this will avoid any potential delay in receiving your tax refund cheque.

Need help with a
Tax Refund?

apply for a tax rebate

Anonymous - Monday, May 17th, 2010

I have been going through my P60′s and have noticed that my NI No. for 2005/06 End of Year Certificate is incorrect what do you suggest that I do?

TaxFix - Monday, May 17th, 2010


If your P60 is wrong you can ask your employer to correct it. They are required to keep accurate records by law.

Anonymous - Tuesday, May 18th, 2010

hi am i entitled to a p60 if ive only worked for my employer for 4 months brfore the end of the tax year and its my first job?

TaxFix - Tuesday, May 18th, 2010

Hi Anonymous,

If you were working for your employer on the 5th April you should get a P60. If you were not you should have been given a P45.

Anonymous - Tuesday, May 18th, 2010

I haven’t yet recieve my P60, asked the boss for it but they keep saying i will get it soon.

TaxFix - Tuesday, May 18th, 2010

Your boss is required to provide you with a P60 before the 1st June.

Anonymous - Saturday, May 22nd, 2010

hi i got p60 its showing my income is 9950 and tax has been deducted 682 am i getting tax back

TaxFix - Sunday, May 23rd, 2010

Anonymous: No, based on your income of £9,950 and tax of 682 you would not be due a tax refund.

Anonymous - Sunday, May 23rd, 2010

Hi, I paid £678.40 in tax but only earned 6,870. This was for the tax year 5/04/10.

I would like to know if I am entitled to any tax back even if I started claiming benfits on 12/05/10.

Many Thanks,

TaxFix - Monday, May 24th, 2010

Anonymous: If your income was £6,870 and the amount of tax that you paid was £678, then you would be due a tax refund of £599. If you did not include your benefits within your income, then your refund may be slightly less.

Nas - Monday, May 24th, 2010

Hi there i just received my P60.In 2008 i paid £4523 tax in 2009 my p60 is showing in this employment box i paid £18596.96. I am still working for this firm but thinking to leave this company how can i claim my tax and how much i can claim back. I checked in calculator it is showing £15000.?? i can claim is that right please help me out.
Thanks in advance

TaxFix - Monday, May 24th, 2010

Nas: Did you pay £18,596 in tax? Or is this how much you earned? The amount of your tax refund depends on how much you earn and how much you paid in tax. You can only claim for previous tax years unless you are leaving the UK and then you can claim for the current tax year. When you get your P60 you can check to see how much you can claim back, using our tax rebate calculator.

Miggy - Monday, May 24th, 2010

Hi! I have received my P60 but it only shows the N.I. contributions in my current employment which I have been since February. What about my previous job contributions? How can I calculate my tax rebate? My P60 states that I was paid 2.697,92 and that I deducted 431,40. Cna you please advise. Many thanks.

TaxFix - Tuesday, May 25th, 2010

Miggy: Your previous job should have given you a P45. If you have your P45 you can total the amount that you earned between April 6th 2009 and April 5th 2010, or you could use your wage slip. Then total all the tax that you paid also and input these amounts into our tax calculator. This will show you much of a refund you are due.

Anonymous - Wednesday, May 26th, 2010

hi, i left work in june 09 to start an MA, do you know if my employer will send me a p60 for the work i did 09/10? if not how do I get one?

TaxFix - Wednesday, May 26th, 2010

Anonymous: If you stopped working in June 2009 you should have been given a P45. You only get a P60 if you are working on the 5th April. If you were not given a P45, you can get a replacement by writing to your previous employer and asking for a ‘statement of earnings’.

Anonymous - Wednesday, May 26th, 2010

I was paid 3943.30 and paid 592.60 tax. will i get a refund??

ben - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

on my P60 it says R=REFUND 2883.33 so does this mean i am going to recieve that money back and how long would it take

Tua - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

Hi I received my P60 and under the Tax (R=Refund) it has £4481.60 what does that mean, am i entitled to a tex rebate?…thanks

anonymous - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

hi. just had tax code for full time work replaced from 942l to now 652l using new code on a special basis. on a br tax code for part time job. filled in a p87 form to claim fuel allowance on part time job and have been told may need to fill a tax return form. why when not self employed in either job?

TaxFix - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

Anonymous: Yes you can claim all 592.60 pounds back as you earned below the tax free allowance. You can claim your tax back here.

TaxFix - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

Ben: Did your company give you a refund directly in your pay?

TaxFix - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

Tua: How much did you earn between April 6th 2009 and April 5th 2010? Take this amount and the amount you paid in tax (it may be on your P60) and put the two amounts into our tax rebate calculator and it will tell you if you are due a tax rebate.

TaxFix - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

anonymous: If you want to claim over a certain amount in allowances (such as fuel), you may have to do a tax return. You can apply to do an online tax return here.

dan - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

i have earned 4887.90 last tax year paying 545.20 tax .tax code 647l am i due rebate?

TaxFix - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

Dan: Because your wages were below the tax free allowance, you can claim back all the tax that you paid. You can apply for your tax rebate here.

Ashley - Tuesday, June 1st, 2010

i earned £507.15 as i started in march and got £76.40 deducted that means i get my £76.40 back right? and how do i get it back? do i have to send of for it and how?

Andy - Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010

I have submitted my self assesment online for last year, and am due a refund of £1440, but on the “repayments/credits received” section on the hmrc website it says it is not due until 31 Jan 2011. I have submitted a request for repayment, but will I really have to wait until next January to get my money back? Seems crazy to me!

TaxFix - Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010

Ashley: Yes as you earned below the tax free allowance you can claim back all of your tax of £76.40. You will not get back the tax automatically, you need to make a claim with the Inland Revenue. Our minimum fees will be more then your refund so it’s best that you do it yourself. Contact your local tax office, and keep safe any P60 or P45 that you have.

UKTax - Friday, June 4th, 2010


I paid an tax of 500 pounds during my stay in Feb 2008 – Mar 2008. After returing to india, i didnt file form P60. I should get these 500 pounds returns. Can i submit P60 form now. If so what is the procedure and how much of amount i will get finally. Please help.

TaxFix - Friday, June 4th, 2010

UKTax: If you have worked in the UK and have now left, you can claim a tax refund by online here. Once you have applied and downloaded the form, just send us your P60 and the signed forms and we can process your claim and even send your refund to your account in India. The amount of your refund will depend on how much you earned, if you can let us know I can tell you if you can get all £500 back.

Matiyeutsa Chekuwa - Monday, June 7th, 2010

where can I send my claim form for my tax which I hed over paid

Jay - Monday, June 7th, 2010

Hi ive just recieved my p60 and its says ive been taxed £252 since october now im only 17 so can i re-claim that tax when i turn 18?

TaxFix - Monday, June 7th, 2010

Matiyeutsa Chekuwa: You can claim your tax refund by applying online here, and then sending us the application form to the address on the first page of the form.

TaxFix - Monday, June 7th, 2010

Jay: How much does the P60 say you earned? If it is below £6,475 then you can claim back all your tax.

Anonymous - Thursday, June 10th, 2010

It is the 9th June 2010 I still have not recieved my P60, I have a feeling my employer did not pay my tax . What should i do? I also claim child tax what should i do?

TaxFix - Thursday, June 10th, 2010

Anonymous: If you were working for an employer on the last day of the tax year (April 5th), they should have provided you with a P60 before the 1st June. If they did not you can always write to them requesting a ‘statement of earnings’ on company headed paper. This can be used as a replacement for a P60.

Cathal - Friday, June 11th, 2010

Hello, I received my p60 in April. I had not worked a full year and so am entitled to a tax refund. I discussed this with an advisor through the HMRC call centre and they confirmed my entitlement.

I asked if I had to do anything, the advisor said explained I would not have to. He said that when I received my P60, my employer would also send a form to HMRC(a p11 i think?). He said that this would be processed automatically and I can expect the refund at the start of June.

I am yet to receive the refund. I heard that there had been some problems with the HMRC system.

I was wondering if you could confirm that the information I received from the customer advisor is correct.
Also, are you aware of any problems with the system which have been causing similar delays?

I tried contacting HMRC directly but was on hold for over 15 minutes and had to hang up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Fiona - Friday, June 11th, 2010

Hi there,

Last year I earned around 4000 and paid a few hundred in tax, I am a student.

I have lost my p60, how do I claim back the tax I paid?

Also, I just started a new job and have been put on Basic Rate band, how do I get this changed?

TaxFix - Saturday, June 12th, 2010

Fiona: If you only earned £4,000 you can claim back all of your tax that you paid. You can write to your employer and ask for a ‘statement of earnings’ on company headed paper. We can get a replacement for you if you like, we offer this with our tax rebate service. You can give your employer your P45 to get off a BR tax code.

TaxFix - Monday, June 14th, 2010

Cathal: The Inland Revenue states that the onus is on the tax payer to claim any refund that they are entitled to and each year over £300 goes unclaimed. Your refund may be made automatically, but we do not suggest that you rely on this. There are often delays around the end of the tax year when back logs are increased with local tax offices. I hope this helps.

RefundPlease - Monday, June 14th, 2010

Hi, I have just received my P60. I have been on the BR tax code. I earned 18991.15 and was taxed 3797.40. I think I am entitled to a tax refund. How much am I owed?

TaxFix - Tuesday, June 15th, 2010

RefundPlease: Based on your income and tax for the year you would be due a tax refund of £1293. You can claim your tax refund by applying online here.

fatema - Wednesday, June 16th, 2010

hi my P60 says i was only taxed 212 but I was definitely taxed monthly about 150 each month for my full time job which i earned about 850 per month for (worked for 11 months before uni) what can i do in this situation?


TaxFix - Thursday, June 17th, 2010

fatema: Is your P60 for the job that you worked 11 months for? You can write to any other employers and request a ‘statement of earnings’. This can be used as a replacement for a P60.

clueless - Monday, June 21st, 2010

I lost my job in december 2008. I claimed job seekers allowance from March 2009 till August 2009. I was then unemployed from November 2009 untill July 2010. I am now in full time employment am i entitleted to a rebate.

TaxFix - Monday, June 21st, 2010

clueless: Your entitlment to a tax rebate depends on the amount your have earned and the amoutn you have paid in tax. If you have your P45/P60s we can apply for a tax rebate on your behalf for you. You can apply for your tax rebate here.

jason - Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010

I still yet have not received a P45 from a job i finishes working about 3 years ago. I was also in full time education. i have one P60 from one year. i worked at this job for 6 years. can i claim any tax back. i moved onto my new job in 2008, so i would like to claim any tax back from years i worked at this job up to 2008.

Anonymous - Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010

I still have not had my p60 and keep asking my employer who says he will let me have it. Can i insist and is he breaking the law by not giving it to me.

TaxFix - Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010

jason: Do you remember how much you were earning per year? If it was less than £6,475 you can claim back all tax that you paid within the year. If it was more you still may be due a tax refund. If you are missing only one P45 we can get a replacement for you, as part of our tax refund service. If you can apply here, and then include any P60′s that you have, we can process your claim for you and obtain your tax refund.

TaxFix - Saturday, June 26th, 2010

Anonymous: If you were working on the last day of the tax year (April 5th) and paid tax, you employer is required to provide you a P60 before 1st June. If you were not working on the 5th April you should have been given a P45.

beany - Sunday, June 27th, 2010

I not been employed since dec 2009 & have just started a new job…. From my earnings last year it shows I should be entitled to about £400 tax back, will this come in my first wages or do I have to apply for it? I have lost my P45 so had to fill in a P46 in my new job will this affect it?

TaxFix - Sunday, June 27th, 2010

beany: You will need to apply for your tax rebate. If you have lost your P45, you can write to your previous employer and request a ‘statement of earnings’ on company headed paper. When you have this you can claim your tax rebate here.

Anonymous - Friday, July 2nd, 2010

what if i cant find my p60? where would i get another copy from and do you think they will charge me? thanks

TaxFix - Friday, July 2nd, 2010

Anonymous: You can write to your employer and ask for a statement of earnings, which can be used as a replacement for a P60. They may not charge you, but could charge an administration fee.

Anonymous - Tuesday, July 6th, 2010

In tax year 2009/2010 I had only one employer, but in my p60 is writen that i had previous employment. What to do to get it corect?

TaxFix - Wednesday, July 7th, 2010

Anonymous: You should speak to your employer about correcting any errors on your P60.

agusuu - Thursday, July 8th, 2010


In 2008-2009 I have worked for 2 employers. Full time for the first one and as a casual for the second one.
On my P60 it says in “Figures shown here should be used for your Tax Return” that in this employment was 9407.01 and tax deducted 1378.00, on the statement of earnings from the onther company where my tax code was “BR” it says : gross pay &gross taxable pay 8080.17, tax paid 1011.80, employees NI paid 533.60, employers BI paid 620.92
I wanted to use your calculator but in this case I m not sure how and which figures I shoud add to get it right. Can you please advise? And am I eligible to refund at all?
Thank you,


agusuu - Thursday, July 8th, 2010


I received my P60 with my tax code 647L. It states that in previous employment I had paid 7016.75, tax deducted 863.40.
Then I have amounts for “in this employment” and “total for year”. If I would like to check if I am eligible to refund which amounts should I use to get it right?

thanx, A.

Anonymous - Thursday, July 8th, 2010

I have recived my P60 but how do I now go about reciving my the money… the P60 has no contact adress?

john - Thursday, July 8th, 2010

Should i send the original p60 or a copy??

TaxFix - Friday, July 9th, 2010

agusuu: If you have had two jobs, you should add the income figures up from each (9,407.01 + 8080.17=17,487) and then add the tax amounts paid (1378 + 1011.80=2389.80) and input these totals amounts into the tax rebate calculator.

TaxFix - Friday, July 9th, 2010

agusuu: You need to use the total income and tax for the year and input these into our tax calculator.

TaxFix - Friday, July 9th, 2010

Anonymous: You can use your P60 to check if you are due a tax rebate by using our tax calculator.

TaxFix - Friday, July 9th, 2010

John: Please send your original P60, as this is needed by the Inland Revenue to process your claim.

Michelle - Monday, July 12th, 2010

I was employed from tax year April 2009 until Aug 2009, after that I was then unemployed and Not claiming any benefits, (I lived off my savings) In that employment I earned £5,706.44 and I paid £601 tax. I then worked as a casual employee from March 15th 2010 up until June 11th 2010 earning £2293 and paying tax of £134. Am I entitled to tax back. I must include that I called the inland revenue on their help line, they were quite offhand, asked what my nat insurance no: was and that they would look in to it as they had ‘all my tax history in front of them’ and if I didn’t hear from them within a month, to contact them again. I’ts now nearly a month and I’ve heard nothing.

holly - Monday, July 12th, 2010


I worked as a casual worker from 14th March up until June. I received a p60 that didn’t include my previous earnings with the Council, it just said previous earnings 0.00, when I queried this the company I was then working for said, you’ll have to take it up with the Inland Revenue. I also didn’t get any tax back from my previous employment where I’d earned £5,700 and paid £671 tax. I was imformed by knowledgeable friends, that the Company I did the casual work with should have paid me the tax back in the new tax year but they didn’t, most likely because either the Accountant they have got is useless or the girl in the office didn’t give my p45 in until too late. Basically they made an error on my p60, will this effect my 2009 -2010 refund claim

TaxFix - Tuesday, July 13th, 2010

Holly: If you have all your tax documents including P45 from your previous job, and the P60 from the current job it shouldn’t make a difference as all the information will be with your claim.

TaxFix - Tuesday, July 13th, 2010

Michelle: If you only earned £5,706 in the tax year you will be able to claim back all the tax that you paid of £601 because you earned below the tax free allowance. I would definitely double check, if you would like help claiming your tax refund we offer a service here.

Anonymous - Sunday, July 18th, 2010

I worked for an employer and he will not give me a P45 and a P60, is there any other way I can get my tax rebate? I have all my payslips.

akwa - Sunday, July 18th, 2010

How do I apply for a tax rebate directly from hmrc without spending money through agencies?

akga - Sunday, July 18th, 2010

I worked for an employer and he will not give me a P45 and a P60, is there any other way I can get my tax rebate? I have all my payslips.

TaxFix - Sunday, July 18th, 2010

Anonymous: If you were not given a P45 or P60 you can ask your employer for a statement of earnings on company headed paper, which can be used as a replacement for a P45/P60.

TaxFix - Sunday, July 18th, 2010

akwa: You need to find your local tax office write to them with a cover detailing your circumstances. You should include all relevant forms including any P60/P45/P85/P86/P91 forms.

aN - Thursday, July 22nd, 2010

My salary is 28000 and y tax deducted is +- 5400 SOULD I CLAIM

Jaseface - Monday, July 26th, 2010

right im so confused about tax. im a student and i worked for a crappy agency for a couple of months and was taxed as i was late giving my NI number in or something, i then got a job at house of fraser and quit the previous and my tax totalled £300ish at the end april thing. now its reset to £0 and im claiming it back but apparently my tax code tells me its my 2nd job but its not, plus im a student so am i entitled to get this all back?

TaxFix - Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

Jaseface: If you earn less than the tax free allowance (currently £6,475) you can claim back all tax.

uk tax  - Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

i have been dimiss by my company recently,is there any source of tax refund i have been working with this company for 4yrs 7mths i gt all p60 for each year

elliott - Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

On my P60 it states that for the year 2009/2010 I earnt £17761.00 and from this I paid £2364.20 in tax. I looked back through my payslips from April 1st 2009 to april 1st 2010 and added up all deductions attributed to tax and got a higher figure of £2604.32. It would seem more tax has been deducted that has been stated on my P60, is this correct? Who should I contact about this error and a refund?

mari - Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

is the tronc tax paid entitled to refund?

Anonymous - Wednesday, July 28th, 2010

I got my p60 from my old employment but have misplaced it. Can they create me another or is there any other way of collecting my tax?

TaxFix - Wednesday, July 28th, 2010

uk tax: At the end of the tax year in April you can apply for a tax refund.

chris - Friday, July 30th, 2010

i havnt got my p60, how do i go about getting one as ive been working in the compony for a year and a half surely i should resive one.

TaxFix - Friday, July 30th, 2010

chris: You should have been given one around April/May time. If you were not given one you can ask your employer for a statement of earnings which can be used as a replacement for a P60.

MARIA - Friday, July 30th, 2010

hola, voy a pedir la devolucion de mis tasas por que dejo definitivamente U.K. a finales del mes de agosto, y ustedes indican que tengo que completar la forma y adjuntar mis P45, de todos mis trabajos, dejare mi cuenta del banco abierta para la devolucion, pero, si salgo del pais como puedo recuperar mis P45 originales?, lo mismo los necesitare para cualquier tramite mas adelante, estos documentos normalmente los devuelven o se los quedan o acaso puedo sacar una copia compulsada para que me quede en vez del original, o si me los pueden mandar al exterior?.

Muchas gracias por su colaboración.

Muchas gracias

Ieuan - Friday, August 6th, 2010

I had my first job in summer 2009, also ended in september in 2009. I havnt claimed the tax back yet. Can I still do it?

How much can I earn before I can stop claiming tax back?


Freya - Friday, August 6th, 2010

I have a P60 form from the tax year 2009-2010 however £72 of tax has been deducted but I only earnt £360, how can I claim it back? Thanks

TaxFix - Friday, August 6th, 2010

Ieuan: Yes you can still claim. If you earned below £6475 you can claim back all of your tax. You can apply for your tax rebate here.

TaxFix - Friday, August 6th, 2010

Freya: As you earned below the tax free allowance you can claim all of this tax back. Contact your local tax office and write to them with a cover letter and include your P45/P60, as well as a P91 and P85/P86 if applicable.

Sarah - Friday, August 6th, 2010

Hi, I am looking into this for my mum who didn’t know she could claim back her tax paid on the tax free allowances. She has her P60s for a number of previous years, perhaps 4 years in total for which the average earnings were perhaps £8,000 per year. However, she also receives child tax credits and working tax credits too – does this affect her claim in any way?

TaxFix - Friday, August 6th, 2010

Sarah: Even if your mother is claiming tax credits she can still apply for a tax refund. If she has all of her P60′s she can apply here. The amount of the refund will depend on her income and tax for the year.

Anonymous - Monday, August 9th, 2010

acording to your calculator i`ve got £600 pounds in one year and £60 on other. does it means two rebates or one?

TaxFix - Tuesday, August 10th, 2010

Anonymous: You would receive one rebate of £660

karolina - Thursday, August 12th, 2010

i have earned 13750 in last year, I have paid 2750 tax. am i antitled to tax refund??

TaxFix - Thursday, August 12th, 2010

karolina: Yes, you would be due a tax refund of £1295. You can apply for your tax refund here.

Maggie - Friday, August 13th, 2010

I have earned 13900 pound, paid 2850 tax plus every month I receive 100 pounds (tax credit). Can you let me know whether Im entitled to tax refund or not, please? if yes – how much it will be? Thanks.

Annon  - Friday, August 13th, 2010

Hi I gave my new employers my P45 when I started in Feb 2010. They gave me a P60 in May but I have just checked it and it does not include my previous earnings which were from Jun – Dec 2009. I finished working for them in June and they have not given me a P45 yet.

What shall I do to reclaim my tax for the year? Is there anyway of avoiding my latest employer as we did not part on good terms?


TaxFix - Friday, August 13th, 2010

Annon: You can write to your previous employer and ask for a statement of earnings on company headed paper which can be used as a replacement.

Sarah - Friday, August 13th, 2010

I’ve been waiting for my Tax reclaim for 4 months now, I don’t know who to call or what to do.

Please help!


TaxFix - Friday, August 13th, 2010

Sarah: Sometimes we may need to obtain replacement P60/P45 equivalents from your employers, so this can often delay the process. You can call your tax refund manager, who can give you an update on your claim: 0203 151 2829

Maggie - Monday, August 16th, 2010

I have earned 13900 pound, paid 2850 tax plus every month I receive 100 pounds (tax credit). Can you let me know whether im entitled to tax refund or not, please? if yes – how much it will be? Thanks.

TaxFix - Monday, August 16th, 2010

Maggie: You can use our tax rebate calculator to see if you are due a tax rebate. Input all your income and tax and it will calculate an estimate of your rebate.

Shaz - Monday, August 16th, 2010


I wish to reclaim tax from 2007/2008. My total income for that year was £4191.04 and tax deducted was £302.05. Am i entitled to claim this back?

Also in 2008/09 my year income was £7227.62 and tax deducted was £237.60. Am i also entitled to claim this tax back?

I was not claiming any taxable benefits in either years

Please advice.
Many Thanks

Anonymous - Monday, August 16th, 2010

I have received a tax rebate letter saying:
I confirm calculation for the tax years 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2009-10 together with the payable order will follow in seperate cover.

when I have received the payment it only states payment for years 2009-10. will i receive a seperate payment for other years owed???

youssef - Tuesday, August 17th, 2010

i have earned £15000 and paid 2900 am I entitled to claim tax refund? if yes how much would I get? many thanks.

TaxFix - Tuesday, August 17th, 2010

Shaz: You can claim back all tax from the 2007/2008 year but you are not due a tax rebate for 2008/2009.

TaxFix - Tuesday, August 17th, 2010

Anonymous: Usually payments are combined.

TaxFix - Tuesday, August 17th, 2010

youssef: If you have earned £15,000 and paid £2,900 in tax during the current tax year you would be due a tax refund of £1,195.

Stubert - Thursday, August 26th, 2010


I was working from april to july this year. I have since left my job and been off for around a month. I have sent away my P50 along with pts. 2 and 3 of my P45.

I was on the 35% bracket last year, do you think I will get a rebate from HMRC?

Kind regards

TaxFix - Friday, August 27th, 2010

Stubert: It all depends on how much you earn and how much you pay in tax during the year. At the end of the tax year you can check using our tax rebate calculator.

Alison Smith - Sunday, August 29th, 2010

I was made redundant 3 weeks ago for the first and only time in 30 years of working. I’ve applied for Job Seekers Allowance and have been turned down because, apparently, I have not paid enough Class 1 National Insurance Contributions.

Here’s what I have discovered:

Tax year 5th April 2008: my P60 states I’ve only paid a total of £123.02 NI for the year, but my pay slips show full payments every month. The pay slip for Feb 08 shows a total NI paid “to date” of £1288.43, but for March 08 it shows NI paid “to date” of £123.02 (when it should show £1288.43 PLUS £123.02 – a total of £1411.45).

Tax year 5th April 2009: my P60 states I’ve only paid a total of £121.04 NI for the year, but my payslips show full payments every month – and my last payslip for the year in March 09 shows a total NI payment for the year of £1386.09.

The issue I have is that the company I worked for in March 08 was taken over by another company, and changed it’s company name – so in year ending 2008 – payslip for Feb 08 shows Company A and payslip for Mar 08 shows Company B.

But this doesn’t explain the problem with the total NI contribution showing for year ending March 09 – which was still Company B.

In Jun 09 – Company B went into administration, changed it’s name yet again to Company C. Under threat of redundancy I left and took up new employment at a completly different employers whereupon I have been made redundant exactly 12 months later.

Eventually Company C ceased trading in November 09, and in January 10 started again under a completly different name – so I cant go back to the original Companys A, B or C to ask for my P60′s to be checked and corrected.

Any idea where I can go from here??


Haseeb - Sunday, September 19th, 2010

I started working in april with an agency for 3 months and got taxed on BR even though i gave them my p46 form …. Now im doing 2 jobs one of which is On BR … The totall will b less than 6000 at the end of year… Will i be able to claim all back?

TaxFix - Monday, September 20th, 2010

Haseeb: If you earn below £6,475 you can claim back all of the tax you pay. At the end of the tax year (April 5th 2011) you can claim here.

victor - Tuesday, September 21st, 2010

i worked from May to end of October last year i was earning around 1300 per month and paying around 260 pm in tax and roughly 100 in NI i did receive a p45 but no longer have it and i never received a p60 as i moved and they probably sent it to my previous address, this was my first ever job and i have only just found out i am able to get some of this tax back how do i go about it considering the above?
kind regards victor

TaxFix - Tuesday, September 21st, 2010

victor: You need your P45 to claim back any tax back. If you do not have your P45 you can write to your employer at the time and ask for a statement of earnings on company headed paper which can be used as a replacement for a P45. We can send you a template letter if you like, just Email us on Once you have your statement of earnings you can claim your tax back by applying here.

Ewan - Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010

Hi, From January until August this year, I discovered I had been getting taxed £25 a week too much due to my ex employer failing to forward on my P45. How do I go about recovering this money?

TaxFix - Thursday, September 23rd, 2010

Ewan: You should have been given a P60 at the end of the tax year? You can use your P60 to claim any overpayment of tax that you are due. You can either apply using our online tax refund service or you can contact your local tax office yourself. If you want to claim yourself you will need a P91, P85/P86 if applicable and a cover letter.

Lou - Saturday, September 25th, 2010

Am I right in thinking i need to wait until the beginning of the next tax year before trying to reclaim my tax for this year as I’m now a student?

TaxFix - Monday, September 27th, 2010

Lou: You can use a P38(S) to avoid having any tax removed if you are earning less than £6,475 during the tax year.

Patrick - Tuesday, September 28th, 2010

i have now started a part time job at tescos after being out of work since march. i have been claiming jsa up to the date i started work.
will i be taxed on my wages when i get paid from my new job, and if i do can i claim a tax rebate?

geoff - Tuesday, September 28th, 2010

I have applied for a rebate relating to the past five rax years i have applied on line and via phone calls. Each time they say i will hear something in four weeks now four months later i have still not recieved my rebate. It has cost a fortune in phone calls. This is now making me ill. Please help. Thankyou.

Dave - Wednesday, September 29th, 2010

Dear all,
I am about to sending all my docs for claiming back tax but frankly I do not know where to. I worked in Leeds 2 years ago. Should I send it to Inland Ravenue in Leeds or where? I worked for Rullion and heys recruitment agencies if this can help.
Many thanks for any help!

TaxFix - Thursday, September 30th, 2010

Dave: Check your P60, it should have a PAYE reference number. You can use the first 3 letters of this to work out your local tax office using this local tax office finder.

rich - Friday, October 1st, 2010

hi, i recentley worked for a company and they charged me emergency tax. I work for someone else now and i had a p60 throught the post saying i got taxed 180 pounds. how do i claim it back thanks?

Allan Sampson - Sunday, October 3rd, 2010

Hi, I would like to find out if I am entitled to claim my tax back each month please. I am on a salary of £10,000 before tax working 31 hours a week. Please could you tell me if I am entitled to this?? Thanks.

TaxFix - Monday, October 4th, 2010

Allan Sampson: You may be able to make a claim at the end of the tax year in April 2011.

Michael - Tuesday, October 5th, 2010

Hi, I have just started work in august, previously on JSA benefits. WHen should I expect to receive my P60 and how will it be calculated, i.e from march – march, august – march, or august – august.
Thanks gor your time

Anonymous - Sunday, October 10th, 2010

How do I claim my tax back after the tax year?

TaxFix - Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

Anonymous: You will need to wait until your get your P60, and then you can apply to your local tax office by including your P60, P50 and P91. If you would like us to help you claim a tax rebate you can apply here.

colin - Wednesday, October 20th, 2010

I got made redundant in October 2010. I was put on pension credits…I have never had a P60 from my last employer. I got a p45 which I gave to Pension Credits. I am now on old age do I go about getting a tax rebate for 2010. Thank You

Nasir Yaqoob - Wednesday, October 20th, 2010

I just need to find out that if someone leave the country on permanent bases and the guy is not British national and will not come back and his boss give him P45. Will he be able to claim his tax back on p45 or not if yes then what’s the procedure.

TaxFix - Friday, October 22nd, 2010

colin: If you do not have your P45 you can write to your last employer and ask for a statement of earnings which can be used as a replacement for a P45. You can then use this to claim any tax refund you may be due.

TaxFix - Friday, October 22nd, 2010

Nasir Yaqoob: Yes, if you leave the country (if you are a national or not) you can apply for a tax rebate as you will not have worked the full tax year. When you stop working you should be given a P45. When you have a P45 you can claim your tax rebate here.

risco - Sunday, October 24th, 2010

made redundant in september 2009, claimed jsa from september to april 2010, p60 had earnings £104000, tax paid £34500. P60u from jsa £1836, am i entitled to a tax rebate?

TaxFix - Monday, October 25th, 2010

risco: Based on your total income for the year of £105,836.00 and tax paid of £34,500.00, you should be due a tax rebate of £1,068. You can make a claim by applying here.

steve - Tuesday, October 26th, 2010

hi iv had long spells of sick approx 4 months or so
also i was taken over by a new employer and have been paying emergency tax for 9-10 wks
im off work ill can i still claim a rebate ?

TaxFix - Tuesday, October 26th, 2010

steve: If you are on an emergency tax code, there is a good chance you will be due a tax rebate. You can make a claim at the end of the tax year when you receive your P60.

jomac - Friday, November 5th, 2010

I lost my previous job at the beginning of april 2010 and was on JSA until september so I haven’t paid any tax until now. I was told that according to my tax code I could earn over £6000 before being taxed so why am I being taxed, I’ve only been in my job 6 weeks.

TaxFix - Friday, November 5th, 2010

jomac: Your tax code takes into account the fact that you will be working the whole tax year.

alex langford - Tuesday, November 9th, 2010

Hi there,
Received a letter in July stating that I was due a tax refund. After several phone calls I am still awaiting payment! They have said that it needs to be security checked??? Any ideas on what they are talking about. Starting to think that it is all too good to be true. thank you.

TaxFix - Tuesday, November 9th, 2010

alex langford: HMRC often do random security checks of tax refund cheques. I would call your local tax office and chase them up.

Shornette - Saturday, November 13th, 2010

I want to leave my place of work at the end of november. can i claim my tax back now or would i have to wait until april?

TaxFix - Monday, November 15th, 2010

Shornette: You will have to wait until April unless you are leaving the UK.

Sandra - Tuesday, November 16th, 2010

Should you receive a P60 if you work part time and do not earn enough to pay NI contributions or Tax?

TaxFix - Wednesday, November 17th, 2010

Sandra: You may not receive a P60 if you do not earn enough to pay tax.

milly - Saturday, November 20th, 2010

i have paid more tax than i should for the past years but i lost all my p60 i just have one for year 2009-2010,how do i claim for past years.thank you

Tahir Inanci - Sunday, November 21st, 2010

I have received a cheque for claiming. I would like to cash the cheque in Cyprus because I live in Cyprus.
If you can give me suggestion for it, I will be appreciated.



TaxFix - Monday, November 22nd, 2010

milly: If you don’t have your P45 or P60, you could write to your company that you were working for at the time and ask for a statement of earnings on company headed paper which will act as an alternative for a P60/P45. If you’d like assistance acquiring this we’ve got a template letter you may use, just Email us on: to receive a copy

richard - Monday, November 22nd, 2010

If i started a company say 15th june 2010, then when does my tax year start?

anonymous - Friday, November 26th, 2010

having been with acompany for 3yrs and now been tupe over to another company i have received my p45 ststing my earnings of 8058.00 and tax deducted of 863.80 i have used the calculatorwhich is tellin me im entitled to 547.20p back is that correct and can i claim it back now?even though i will be working for another company,if i can claim do i contact my local tax office?your advice would be appreciated thanks.

TaxFix - Friday, November 26th, 2010

anonymous: The amount of your tax rebate depends on how much you earn and how much you pay in tax during the tax year. As you may earn more money within the tax year, you should wait until 6th April before calculating if you are due a tax rebate.

Thomas - Sunday, November 28th, 2010

I want to apply for a tax rebate as, I have been doing 2 jobs, and for one of them I have had to buy items for work. I am wondering whether I would have to provide receipts for the items that I bought, even though I might have lost them? Can the tax office demand to see these?

TaxFix - Sunday, November 28th, 2010

Thomas: You can claim tax back on allowable work expenses. However you should keep receipts as the Inland Revenue can ask to see proof that the items cost as much as you say they do.

Victoria Parton - Tuesday, November 30th, 2010

Can i claim tax refund at this time of the year? Just found out about it. And if so, what i need to do claim?

TaxFix - Wednesday, December 1st, 2010

Victoria Parton: You can claim for previous tax years now or you can wait until the end of the tax year to make a claim for the current tax year. You will need your P60/P45s to make a claim.

Kay - Monday, December 13th, 2010

i have recently started a new job, i have been working there for 6 months now, on my pay slip it shows i have paid 300 to the tax people, im currently studying and dont pay tax anymore. i rang up hm revenue and asked if i can get any of my tax back and they said you have to have a p60 or p45???? :S

i was on job seekers allowance before i started my new job for 5 months.

please help me as i have no clue what to do :(

your help will be appreciated. thanks

TaxFix - Wednesday, December 15th, 2010

Kay: You can make a claim at the end of the tax year in April of next year. At the end of the tax year you employer should give you a P60, when you have this you can make a claim.

anonymous - Thursday, January 6th, 2011

is there a certain time period when you are able to claim back tax or would i be able to make a claim with my p60 tomorrow? (i lost my form and have just found it!)


TaxFix - Thursday, January 6th, 2011

anonymous: Which tax year did you want to claim for? If it is the current tax year you would need to wait until the end of the tax year (April 5th). If you want to claim for previous years, then you can claim now.

anon - Friday, January 7th, 2011

question: I am self employed and worked in India for 9weeks. I was taxed in India, but am already paying tax here therefore its double taxation. I want to know how I am able to recoup the tax I paid in India?

sam - Sunday, January 9th, 2011

I would be very glad if you could help me out from this situation.Actually i am into my 3rd job presently(full time) and i started working with sainsbury for 3months full time then i started working with an agency which was part time and now 3rd which is full time.The situation is that unfortunately i havent collected my P45 or P60 from sainsbury and then i joined an another but i have the p45 from them and i havent given that P45 to my present employer.Further i do think that i am paying more tax for example i did get GBP 368.00 after the tax working for 48 hours and the hourly pay is 7.25.

Salmaan - Wednesday, January 12th, 2011

i have worked from sep 2009 till end of that tax year but i ddnt know that i can get my taxes back and i lost my P60 as well…can i apply now for pay back for that period and how?

TaxFix - Wednesday, January 12th, 2011

Salmaan: If you do not have a P60 you can write to your employer and ask for a statement of earnings on company headed paper, which can be used as a replacement.

leanne olner - Monday, January 17th, 2011

hi ive reently had company contact me 2 claim my tax back for the past 4 yars but i do nt have my previous p 60′s hw can i got hold o these ?

machine operator - Thursday, January 20th, 2011

Hi, i am looking for advice on completing tax return, i was employed by a company for few years then made redundant aug ’09, so had employment salary april-aug ’09 and redundancy money (not much, do i include this in earnings? also, whats NICS4), i then became self-employed weeks later, so from aug ’09 – feb ’10, the company i was doing work for took tax off money they were paying me and i paid my own N.I. Then, the company i was doing work for put me on the books, so became employed again, the problem is i’m not sure how to complete tax return, how to figure out what amounts i put on form? how do i figure out what i earned whilst self-employed? what do i take off earnings? i had to purchase a vehicle for work, can i claim mileage?

amar bhaskar wani - Friday, January 21st, 2011

i have already paid excess tax for the year 2008_09,and 2009-10, i havent written file yet, if now i do the written file, can i get my tax back

TaxFix - Saturday, January 22nd, 2011

amar bhaskar wani: What do you mean you haven’t done the written file yet?

TaxFix - Saturday, January 22nd, 2011

machine operator: If you would like one of our tax accountants to help with your tax return, you can learn more about our no obligation service here.

shryea - Sunday, January 30th, 2011

Hi,I received my p45 from previous job indicating 31/10/2010 as leaving date but i started my new job from 26/7/2010 and got BR code till November and the tax deduction was according to BR code till November. now i have got 647l code. i received only 44 pounds as tax refund. Is that all what i get as tax refund or more than that??? Because the tax deduction used to be more than 200 pounds every month. if i can get more than that, how to claim?? I need suggestions.

TaxFix - Tuesday, February 1st, 2011

shryea: It depends on how much you earn and pay in tax during the tax year. At the end of the tax year you will be given a P60, when you have this you can check to see if you have overpaid and claim any rebate due.

no name - Friday, February 4th, 2011

i was told i was getting 5400 back on my income tax an only get 2900 back,what happen to the rest of my money?

Malc - Tuesday, February 8th, 2011

I submitted my self assessment return online and on time for 2009-2010
Owing to a printer malfunction I do not have a print out to check it
What’s the most expeditious way to recover this return online without the usual HMRC online rigmarole please

Kerry - Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

I have been dealing with the tax office who are just plain obtuse. I worked for an employer for three months, on an emergency tax code. I then changed jobs to another company where I worked for about four months on PAYE. I have finally got the job I wanted, but I was under the impression that the emergency tax I paid would be paid back through the second employer. This never happened. and now I’m on a wild goose chase to find p45, p60, statement of earnings…
My questions are, will I ever get my emergency tax back? Am I due a rebate from the second employer, as I was on PAYE and finished within a tax year? If so, what do I need to provide to claim it back? Thanks for your time.

TaxFix - Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

Kerry: Your eligibility for a tax rebate will depend on how much you have earned and how much tax you paid. Often if you are on an emergency tax code you can overpay tax and hence be due a tax refund. At the end of the tax year in April or May you should be given a P60. In the mean time you can ask your previous employer for a statement of earnings if they did not give you a P45 when you finished working for them. When you have all these documents you can make a claim.

peter - Saturday, February 26th, 2011

i work for a ltd company and they changed name on month 8 during the tax year ,and my wage slips show the new company name but they roll on as month 9 10 11 etc reflecting the new name and follow on this tax deducted etc so all monies tax nic are correct but with this new name is this correct??also should i recieve a p45 and 2 p60,s im confused


please help - Sunday, February 27th, 2011


Last year (2010) I havent worked as much i was out of job for few months and when i started working i didnt earn much, so i am entitled tax return?

thank you

mary - Tuesday, March 1st, 2011

my employer has paid me too much they want me to pay back a lump sum of over £2000 but are saying my p60 will not reflect this and will show the inflated salary before i paid back the overpayment.
when I worked this out it will mean I have overpiad tax of £400 what can i do

TaxFix - Thursday, March 3rd, 2011

mary: If you have overpaid tax you can claim a tax refund.

stella - Thursday, March 3rd, 2011

I cannot find my p60 for 2009-2010 and have recently been made redundant,i have been informed by my benefits office i did not have enough contributions for 09-10 yet my employer was deducting NI each month from my pay.
i have tried to contact my employers for that period to no avail what do i do now if i cant get a copy of my p60?

TaxFix - Friday, March 4th, 2011

stella: Your previous employer is required by law to provide a statement of earnings on company headed paper. If you can’t get hold of them though, it might be difficult to get it.

roelof - Saturday, March 5th, 2011

i am a nonresident worker,can i claim my taxes back if i leave my current work earlyer than the tax year ends??

Marcio - Thursday, March 24th, 2011

Hi, I worked in the UK from September to November 2010(in 2 jobs, but not at the same time), earned around 3000 pounds and had to go back to my country suddenly. I was on BR tax code, and I dont have my p45/p60.
Can I claim tax back if I’m not in the UK anymore? And how much would I get back?

Thank you

roy - Thursday, March 24th, 2011

how do i get a p60 if im now unemployed?

Anonymous - Sunday, March 27th, 2011

i am a company car driver and in may 2010 changed from a high co2 car to a very low co2 car,i informed hrmc but did not get the total tax benefit of the change of circumstance, because they say that my old tax code is taken into account with a change of circustance is this correct

zafree - Friday, April 1st, 2011

i transfer from one company to another by TUPE.
for two month i recive BR my previous employer given p 46. can i claim tax back which HMR cut as a br code. As i am back on 647L code

anonymous - Saturday, April 2nd, 2011

hi i have earned 1671.25 and i paid 255.50 tax am i entitled to tax refund

Adam - Tuesday, April 5th, 2011

2009-2010 financial year i have earned £7992.00 according to my P60 I have had tax deducted £842.20(total for the year). My national insurance contributions where £512.59. Just wondering how much money I should be looking to get back from a tax rebate.

Many Thanks

Angelo - Tuesday, April 5th, 2011

Pleases is it possible to claim tax return for 3 years back

joseph - Wednesday, April 6th, 2011

I have listened that this year people that have earned less than £10000 could claim for their taxes. is that true?

TaxFix - Wednesday, April 6th, 2011

joseph: The tax free allowance is £7,475

John Nealon - Friday, April 8th, 2011

Need 2010,forms 1099

mrs Julliand - Sunday, April 10th, 2011

how to claim rebate for my work allowance

mohit - Tuesday, April 12th, 2011

i want to claim my normal tax back i am living this country and come back after 7 or 8 months which form i need to fill please tell me

Terry - Wednesday, April 13th, 2011

Hi, I am owed £779 in working tax credit from HMRC according to a award letter i recieved, and was told i will get it after the end of the tax year (which ended april 5th 2011) so how long before i get the money.

carl - Sunday, April 17th, 2011

in the box where it says tax deducted or refunded mine has the letter R in brackets does this mean im due a refund and if so will i recieve it through my wages or will i have to claim for it? i earned 4166 in the tax year 2010-2011 and paid 725 in tax

Debs - Monday, April 18th, 2011

I had been working for my present employer for 3 years and left in august 2010 – i have a P45 can i claim tax back from that?

Unemployment and Tax - Wednesday, April 20th, 2011

Husband just lost his job – is it possible to claim back any tax?

dhan bahadur maharjan - Friday, April 22nd, 2011

I paid an tax of 500 pounds during my stay in Feb 2010 – feb 2011. After returing to my tax amount, i didnt file form P60. I should get these 596 pounds returns. Can i submit P60 form now. If so what is the procedure and how much of amount i will get finally. Please help

Read more: How to Claim My Tax Back in 2010

chiru - Monday, April 25th, 2011

hi there,
In my P60 I got the Total pay as £10797.98
and Tax deducted was £863.60
Can i claim my Tax?

Anonymous 1 - Tuesday, April 26th, 2011

I left my job a few months ago and started a new one, but cant remember if i had my p60 sent threw, i have been paying alot of tax from my previous job and wonderd can i claim tax back if i havnt got my p60?

paul woolford - Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

Hi ya i recieved my p60 form and what does the box with tax deducted(R=refund) mean? many thanks if u can answer my question..

paul woolford - Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

what does tax deducted(r=refund)mean on a p60 form.

paul woolford - Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

hi ya on my p60 i earned 20614.19 and taxed 2827.00 will i get a tax refund?

roy jones - Thursday, April 28th, 2011

i been asked to supply my p60 for 2009/2010 by hmrc but i cant find it. what should i do?

Doug - Wednesday, May 4th, 2011


How do I obtain a P45 form if I have lost the first one and the company/employer that I worked for no longer exists?

Mike - Thursday, May 5th, 2011

Hi, my P 60 showed me total for year 2010-2011 only earned 5,412 £ and tax deducted 446£.
I would like to ask you if I can claim tax return?Can I expect some money back?

Many thanks.

michael elliott - Thursday, May 5th, 2011

what happens if you don’t get a p60 from your employer can you get a duplicate?

kevmaj - Friday, May 6th, 2011

i went to the tax office on the 5th of march and completed a tax rebate form,, they calculated i have payed 2000 pound in tax that i will get back,, its now may 6th,, any idea when i should be getting the money?

Mike Quayle - Friday, May 6th, 2011

I have not worked since October 2009 and have a small pension can i claim the tax I paid on it back I do not receicve any social security benefits!!!

miss bossy - Monday, May 9th, 2011

where should I send my P60/P45 to claim tax back?

miss bossy boots - Monday, May 9th, 2011

I want to claim tax back by post? where should I send my P60 to? thanks !!

Maddy - Thursday, May 12th, 2011

I have paid a total of 6304.40 (2010-11) and there is a deduction of 612.20 as Tax, Will I be entitled for Tax Rebate..
Please guide.. IF yes ? How can I claim that ?


Steven Walsh - Thursday, May 19th, 2011

if i am due a tax rebate, will it affect my tax credits for this year?

daniel - Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

hello i have been having troube with my tax i have received my p60 and its says i have paid no tax but on my payslips it says i have been taxed 569 taxable pay and 113.80 tax to date and my final tax code is different to my total for year of 6039.10 can u help i think i’m getting messed about by the agency i’m using thanks

Bex - Monday, May 23rd, 2011

I was still working for my last employer on 5th april, still havent received p60, when is the latest my employer should legally send it to me? I’m due a £400 rebate and need to know!! :) thanks xx

Elaine - Wednesday, May 25th, 2011

My dad received his P60 today but the numbers on it are way wrong. It has his annual earnings of around £9500 but he made closer to £16000. He is on PAYE, and his actual wage slips are ok. Who would he contact to have this rectified – the tax office or his work?

baba, - Friday, May 27th, 2011

hi, i am a student and my earnings are nearly 11000, just want to knw do student get extra refund or is it just like normal procedure,,

Antony stratford - Saturday, May 28th, 2011

My wife has stopped work to devote time to my elderly mother and her own elderly parents.
As now the sole earner in the household can we claim anything against my tax allowance?

Java - Thursday, June 2nd, 2011


I was an employee for couple of years and then became Self Employed( August 2009). I was wondering if I can claim taxes for the years I was employed as well as Self Employed?

Thank you,

John Austin - Friday, June 3rd, 2011

I didnt get my P60 from my last employer, I work April 2010 to July 2010, and then levae that job move to other city and start next job in Oct 2010 to till, I get my P60 from current job and total is £4,417.00 and Tax say £496.00 for 2010/2011

when i call HMRC for tax refund, they says u TWO jobs, i say right now one Job i have they ask me to send letter that form july till Sep 2010 u r not on benefits, i will write them but i didnt know how much my first job earning are… how i get a copy of pervious P60 ?

i need to fill application for HMRC coz of wife tax credits and they wana know my total earing of year 2010/11

please help me …..

novlette guy - Friday, June 3rd, 2011

i would like to know if i have any tax tocome back. I have not work since Feb 2010

Jess - Wednesday, June 15th, 2011

i earnt £6276 in tax year 10/11
i payed £689 tax
i was told to send them my p60 but where do i send it to?
what address?

Address - Thursday, June 16th, 2011

What is the correct address to send a letter and P60 to reclaim income tax.

Martin T - Tuesday, June 21st, 2011

So is there a form to complete to request a refund from the tax office? or do we simply have to wait for the tax office to send us any overpaid amount?

Roger - Saturday, June 25th, 2011

In 2009 I have sent off my p60 to revenue and they sent it back to you it said i was entilted to 295 pounds. I never received that money and im asking if i can still claim it?

jb - Monday, June 27th, 2011

hello i worked as a bank in a care home when i resigned they only gave me a p45, how can i claim the tax i paid cuz i was on emergency tax there.

PATEL - Monday, July 4th, 2011

hi,i am leave this country. and im not come back again here ? so can possible to can i get my all tax back in year 2010 & also currenty year ? i have p60 . so how to do now ?

Arturs B. - Tuesday, July 5th, 2011

What if on p60 i got my old address, but in claim form i did write in my new address? To which address will i receive my chekue?

Savannah Young - Saturday, July 9th, 2011

I was transferred abroad from my current employers in September 2010. I was working for them prior to this for 4 years. I have asked for my current P60 2010-11 but have been told I am not entitled to get this. Is this correct?

Anonymous 91 - Monday, July 11th, 2011

I recieved my p60 after my boss was sure she didnt have to gove me on,e because I only work part time and dont pay national insurance or tax. Howvever it doesnt have my tax code or payroll number on it. what shall i do

Rochelle - Wednesday, July 13th, 2011

I can’t find my p45 form, how can I get another one?

amc mcleod - Sunday, August 21st, 2011

I came as a self-employed care worker to the UK from 28/08/09 to 22/11/10 and have received a tax calculation for 2010-2011 tax year of 2157.72 sterling. I was back in South Africa from Dec 2009 to February 2010 and understand this may enable me to claim a tax refund. Can I claim my Cl 4 NI contributions too.
Thank you,
Alex Mcleod

amc mcleod - Sunday, August 21st, 2011

I came to the UK as a self-employed care worker. What expenses can I deduct from my taxable income, apart from transport expenses, please.
Thank you for this service

kaye elwell - Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011

i am late sending my child tax credit form back now my payments have been stopped what can i do?

Tax Fix - Thursday, August 25th, 2011

@kaye elwell

I understood that there was a 30 day grace period for people who had not returned their tax credit forms on time. Contact the Tax Credit Office helpline for more information.

Marian - Thursday, September 15th, 2011

Hi, was wondering if i can claim back my tax paid to date for tax year 2011/2012, and still claim tax credits? I’ve earned £5742 and paid £575 in tax. I’ve just left my job to stay at home with the children and don’t plan on going back to work before the tax year ends. Do you know if this will affect the amount of tax credits we get? My husband works full-time.

MP - Friday, September 16th, 2011

hi since the year 2000 i have earned roughly £18,000 per year and have been taxed around £4,500 per year ,,,,,,,,am i entitled to any money back??? many thanks mp

Carol Tristram - Saturday, September 24th, 2011

Can I get a copy of my PAYE Coding Notice for 2010-2011 from MHRC?

cloud - Wednesday, September 28th, 2011


I worked aug2010 until dec2010. I earned 6.101,-and paid 248,- tax. Since Jan2011 I am back in Germany (I am german) is there a way to claim tax refund online? I do not have contact to my former employer.
I did not declare tax in other countries.


mr turner - Friday, September 30th, 2011

was working in grimsby 2009/2010 cannot find my p60 who can i ring for my earnings for that year its for tax credits thankyou

julio - Wednesday, October 5th, 2011

hi I work since 2006 in UK and now I want return to my country brasil can I recive all my tax.

james allen - Wednesday, October 19th, 2011

I am taking my pension fund under the trivial commutation option the amount subject to tax is

Phil - Wednesday, October 26th, 2011

I recieved a letter saying that i was to recieve a tax refund of £2,700 for the previous 3 years based on me being charged for a car benefit when i no longer recieved it, the letter said it would take 14 working days that was 2 days ago,i rang the tax office and they said it had been issued, and that if it was cancelled and re-issued it would take another 6 Weeks for cancellation and re-issue……why, and what should i do?

Mark - Wednesday, November 9th, 2011

Can i claim tax refund just with P45 because i dont have P60?

JB - Sunday, December 11th, 2011

when filing my tax return online, for the employment tax paid box, do I include Tax and NI or just the Tax?

Mark - Monday, January 2nd, 2012

I started as self employed in jan 11. I am about to file my online assessment to April 11. What tax allowance am I entitled to. I was not employed before this but did not claim any benefits either. I believe my earnings for the 4 months was about £8500, before I take off my fuel, tools etc. do I still get the full years entitlement.

Az - Sunday, February 5th, 2012


Im due some tax back for 2010 – 2011. Are you aware which i need to fill out to get tax back. perhaps the p50 or sa100. cheers

carol - Thursday, February 23rd, 2012

I turned 65 feb 2012, phoned hmrc and should get a tax rebate back to april 2011. when will i get this?

M - Thursday, March 1st, 2012

I start work in March 2012, and have been out of work for the past four months, will I
a) be given a p60
b) entitled to tax refund
Also i have not claimed job seekers or any benefits

kal58 - Wednesday, March 14th, 2012

hi, i worked for my previous employer for 10 month. my contract ended and i earned £12780.91 and paid £1347.80, due to ill health i may not be able to work for 12 month, i was adv i may be able to claim my tax back for this year 11/12 is this correct? also 1 was on the tax code 747l. would i be due anything back?

Carly - Saturday, April 21st, 2012

What does Tax deducted (R=net refund) mean?

Ryan - Tuesday, May 15th, 2012

I have earned £9200 and been taxed 760 but it is my 1st job since leaving school, am i due any back?

n - Monday, May 21st, 2012

hi,on my p60,tax deducted says 59.20OR,what does this mean

Anonymous - Tuesday, June 19th, 2012

Hiya, please can you advise how to get my tax refund. Is it done online.

rose crisp - Tuesday, June 11th, 2013

I work for a company through an agency, the agencies changed at the end of February, the old agency has just sent me my P60 where it says my earnings were only £29.60. They havn’t put any of my earnings , tax or NI for the year and I was paying BR1 tax, there isn’t a contact address or number for them what should I do